The school has been closed for two weeks now and I know learning at home in this new way must be taking some getting used to. Thank you and well done to all the children that have been engaging in learning activities each day. A HUUUUUUGE THANK YOU must go to all the adults who have become the teachers, on top of doing everything else they have to do!
Our teachers all miss their pupils terribly and they have been updating the year group blogs and Tapestry regularly, so keep going back to those pages to find more tasks and challenges. Look out for blog posts about ‘Seesaw’, a special way for families to show to show teachers the learning Year 1-6 children have been doing at home. I have shared additional ideas and guidance here.
On the subject of sharing your learning, did you know you can leave comments under these blog posts too?
Parents and carers can use the comments section below this post to nominate children for the following awards and I will post a Friday assembly (of sorts) on the website this Friday:
- The Head of School award (for outstanding demonstration of one of our school values this week)
- The Sports Personality of the Week award (showing the values through PE, sport and exercise)
- The Tidy Friday award (can you guess what that one is for?)
- The Jackie Johnson award (good manners)
- Writer of the Week (effort and passion in writing)
- Reader Leader award (daily reading and love of books)
I look forward to hearing who the nominees are!