Hello, Year 5!
Here is the home learning for today. Remember that you don’t need to print off the work you can complete it on a separate piece of paper.
Each day we expect you to complete:
-20 minutes of reading
-20 minutes of Times Table Rockstars
-20 minutes of Spelling Shed
Review your story from yesterday and edit it. Try to include similes and metaphors in your writing too. Use a dictionary and thesaurus to help you.
Once you have finished, have a go at the activity below which focuses on another aspect of figurative language (personification).
Read this extract from Cosmic and answer the questions next to it.
Today you have chance to apply your understanding of the formal method of multiplication for solving word problems. Remember to read the question carefully and apply RUCSAC before starting your calculations. As these are word problems, do not forget to include units in your answers.
Discuss these questions with an adult at home. You can write down your ideas in the dream cloud.
- What would you like your life to be like when you are grown up?
- How might it be different?
- What might you be able to do that you can’t do now?
- What dreams do you have?
- What might you need to do in order to be able to achieve your dream?
- What dreams might we have that do not involve money, or do most of our dreams rely on us having enough money to make them come true?
The answers are at the bottom of the PDF documents, no peeking! Post your work on SeeSaw so we can see how you are doing.
Have a lovely weekend, see you on Zoom on Monday!
Miss Mullinger and Miss Busby