Here is your learning for today! We will go through it on our Zoom call at 11am and we can answer any questions you have. Answers for the work will be posted later today, so you can check your work.
English – Writing:
DAILY SPELLING CHALLENGE!
Today, why not learn how to spell these tricky words. Or, if you think you already know them, get an adult or older sibling to test you! This blog post tells you some fun ways to practise spellings: https://www.lawfordmead.essex.sch.uk/blogs/year4/2020/03/16/spellings/
This week, we are going to be learning words where ‘ay’ sound is spelt ‘ey’, ‘ei’ or ‘eigh’.
English – research:
Can you use these website to help you research and make notes about the Anglo-Saxons? When we are researching, we scan and skim the text to find the important information and only write down the key notes we need. WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS WORK, KEEP IT SAFE FOR NEXT WEEK.
- First, you will need to choose 4 topics you wish to research further:
- Who were the Anglo-Saxons?
- Why did the Anglo-Saxons invade Britain?
- What religion did the Anglo-Saxons follow?
- What were Anglo-Saxon villages and houses like?
- What did the Anglo-Saxons eat and drink?
- Who invaded England after the Anglo-Saxons?
2. Once you have chosen your 4 topics, you will need to:
- Make a research grid on a piece of paper like the one below:
- Complete the topic column with your 4 chosen topics:
- Make notes using the following websites or your own research.
Here is an example to help you:
English – Reading:
This half term, we will be reading How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell. Read the text and have a go at answering the questions underneath. I have put the text and questions both as a picture and a document. They are both the same but you can decide which is easier to view on your device.
- Why did Fishlegs hand his dragon basket to Hiccup?
- Where does Fishlegs wanted to go instead of becoming a Viking warrior?
- Why did Fishlegs’s jaw opened in disbelief?
- When did Hiccup manage to get a dragon for himself?
- How did Hiccup know that there was a dragon on the shelf?
- Where did Hiccup have a nasty dragon wound on his body?
- Why did Hiccup think that he should not have risked his life in trying to get a dragon for Fishlegs?
- Why was Hiccup feeling pleased with himself?
- What did Fishlegs predict that Hiccup could have in the basket?
- How was Hiccup feeling about the dragon in his basket?
Times tables starter:
Today in maths, we are learning about dividing 2 digit numbers by a 1 digit number. Watch the following video and have a go at the questions underneath on paper.
Divide 2-digits by 1-digit (2)
Science – asking questions to classify animals:
A classification key is one way to classify (sort) and name living things:
Watch this video to find out more:
When using a classification key to identify living things, we use yes/no questions.
Can you use this tiger or another animal of your choice to write at least 7 yes/no questions? Write your questions on a piece of paper.
- Does it have fur? YES
- Does it have a tail? YES
- Is it an amphibian? NO
Don’t forget to post your learning on Seesaw from today. We look forward to seeing all your work!
Miss Jennings and Mrs Ganes