This week, why not have a go at revising the prefixes in-, im-, il- and ir-?
- What is a prefix? Tell your parents, brother, sister or grandparents over video chat? If you can’t remember, this video clip should remind you: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/english-ks2-wonderful-words-prefixes/zknd7nb
2. Can you match the following root words with the correct prefix: in-, im-, il- or ir-?
legal, possible, regular, accurate, relevant, perfect, legible
HINT! Remember the following rules:
Use im- if the root word begins with m or p, use il- if the root word begins with l and use ir- if the root word begins with r.
3. Can you look, say, cover, write and check the words using this website? https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/look-say-cover-write-check-288107.htm
4. Have a go at these fun games: https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/games-288107.htm
5. Have a go at this wordsearch: https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/printable-resources/wordsearch-small/wordsearch-288107.htm
6. Can you get a parent, brother, sister or grandparent over video chat to test you on the following words? Mark them together and then keep practising using the games above if you need to! This website has even more words you could learn: https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/printable-resources/word-list-288107.pdf
Remember to keep practising the Year 3/4 words too! You can find them here along with some fun ideas for practising spellings: https://www.lawfordmead.essex.sch.uk/blogs/year4/2020/03/16/spellings/