This week, why not have a go at revising the prefix un-?
- What is a prefix? Tell your parents, brother, sister or grandparents over video chat? If you can’t remember, this video clip should remind you: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z8mxrwx/articles/z9hjwxs
2. Can you add the correct word beginning with un- to the following sentences?
Words to choose from: unhappy, unfold, unfit, unkind, unhealthy
Please _________ the paper.
My dinner was very ________ last night.
I found it hard to exercise for 30 minutes as I am ________.
It is _________ to say nasty things to someone.
I am _________ that I had to go to bed early last night.
3. Can you look, say, cover, write and check the words using this website? https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/look-say-cover-write-check-5221.htm
4. Have a go at these fun games: https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/games-5221.htm
5. Have a go at this wordsearch: https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/printable-resources/wordsearch-small/wordsearch-5221.htm
6. Can you get a parent, brother, sister or grandparent over video chat to test you on the following words? Mark them together and then keep practising using the games above if you need to! This website has even more words you could learn: https://www.spellzone.com/word_lists/printable-resources/word-list-5221.pdf
Remember to keep practising the Year 3/4 words too! You can find them here along with some fun ideas for practising spellings: https://www.lawfordmead.essex.sch.uk/blogs/year3/2020/03/16/spellings/