Tuesday 5th February was Safer Internet Day. In both assemblies I asked the children their top tips for keeping safe online.
Reception and Key Stage 1 said…
- Always tell an adult you trust when you are worried.
- Never talk to strangers.
- Don’t click on links in messages or emails from strangers.
- Show strange messages and emails to a trusted adult and then delete them
- Make sure you are being kind and don’t reply to unkind messages.
Key Stage 2 said…
- Delete pop ups but show trusted adults as soon as possible.
- Ask parents about virus protection.
- Set passcodes for phones and tablets and passwords for laptops and PCs.
- Keep all passwords private except for mum and dad.
- Make passwords strong (e.g. include capitals and numbers). Easy for you to remember but not easy for others to guess.
- Don’t talk to strangers and delete emails and messages from strangers after showing parents
Can you add any more tips below?
Stay safe (and kind) as you enjoy the internet and the amazing technology we are so lucky to have.