There was a lot to remember in our celebration assembly today!
Anti-Bullying Week 2018: Choose Respect
- Next week is National Anti-Bullying Week. The theme this year is ‘Choose Respect’.
- To kick things off, on Monday, pupils and staff at schools across the country (including Lawford Mead!) will be wearing odd socks to show that we celebrate and value our differences. No donation required.
- There is also an Anti-Bullying writing competition. You can write whatever you like, a poem, a story…as long as it has an anti-bullying or respect theme. There can be an element of drawing, especially for younger children. You can hand your entries to Miss Cope, Miss Dearing or a member of School Council. The deadline is next Friday, November 16th.
Children In Need
- Next Friday is also Children in Need day.
- Wristbands (£1) and bookmarks (10p) will be on sale in the playground during break and lunchtimes throughout the week….until we run out!
- Friday is our spotty/polka dot themed non-uniform day. Please bring donations of at least 50p.
It’s going to be a fun week. What are you looking forward to most? Thank you to School Council for all they are doing to organise these events.
School Council have also been selling poppies and we were very proud of all the children this morning when we all held a respectful and thoughtful minute’s silence in assembly.
Wishing all our families a fantastic weekend,