Here are some ideas for activities to try at home whilst school is closed…
- READ! It is Book Day after all. We’ll reschedule Book Day activities at school as soon as possible
- Write a book review
- Design a new front cover for one of your favourite books
- Write a sequel or new chapter for a book you have enjoyed
- Look out the window and use the weather as inspiration for a story, poem, weather report or drawing
- Ask an adult for help with making a paper snowflake
- Research icicles and snowflakes.
- Visit the blogs and Highlights on our website and leave some comments.
Outside (stay warm and dry!):
- Look for footprints
- Take photos of your observations and then get in the warm to draw them
- Make a snow angel
- Build a snowman
- Collect snow in pots and time how long it takes to melt in different rooms in the house. Which are the warmest and coldest rooms?
Leave a comment below with any ideas of your own!